This website, victoryacademy.com, (“portal”, “academy”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is an online service. The personal data you choose to provide on this website is used to help you describe yourself to other users, and helps us provide necessary services.
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. (GDPR, Art 4., Definitions)
What data is collected by us?
Data that you share with us
To provide our services, we explicitly ask for certain types of information from you. Additionally, in the period of using this website, you may by your choice or inadvertently share personal data with us. Such kind of information, you directly share with us or on the website. The list is provided below:
Contact Information: Full name, phone number, email ID, country code.
Profile Information: Type of business you are involved in, name of the organization you work for, number of employees in your organization, about you, your complete address (includes city, zip code and country).
Multimedia Information: Your picture, your live sessions with an active video feed.
Upload Information: Personal data residing in the course materials uploaded or created by you on this website.
Data that we collect on you
This website uses automated ways of collecting your data, necessary to provide the products and services offered by us.
- Systems Data: Technical data about your computer or device, such as the IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain, and other systems data, and platform types
- Usage Data: Courses created, live classes created, live classes and courses enrolments, attendance, revenue from the courses and classes and data on similar areas
- Cookies & Log Files:
- One type of cookie, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you have logged into your academy account. The next time you visit this website, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing user and thus you need not login to use the service. In order to access or change any of your private information (like a credit card number), you must login with your password even if your computer contains your persistent cookie. Additionally, if you log out of the website in any of your visits you will be prompted to input your password to log in to your account. Another type of cookie, called a “session” cookie, is used to identify your particular visit to the website. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
- Complying with the communication standards on the Internet, we automatically receive the URLs of the sites you previously surfed and moved on while you visit this website. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help us improve our service. The linkage between your IP address and your personal data is never shared with third parties without your permission or except when required by law.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you:
- Sign-up on this website
- Provide your information in your profile page
- Upload or share personal data in a course or a live class
- Connect with our sales, support and service teams on email, phone or using third-party applications
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provide relevant and useful promotional offers related to our courses and classes
- Communicate periodically with you on email, calls, SMS and chat tools to respond to your queries, inform about the course updates, company newsletters, provide support and service, share course and live session information
- Process payments related to paid course enrollments and paid live class enrollments
- Create reports on your courses, live classes, and other specific analytics-related activities
- Comply with legal obligations necessary for doing business and business administration purposes
Who we share your personal data with?
We take the privacy of our users very seriously. We never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party or parties for marketing or monetary purposes.
For instance, we use the services of a credit card processing company to bill our users for subscription fees. These third parties do not retain, share, or store this personal data or its part other than a purpose to provide these services and are bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information.
This website may offer a “web profile” feature which allows users to publish portions of their profile, including “name” and other personal data to the public Internet. Settings in the academy allow you to publish or disable personal data the way you choose.
We may provide aggregated data about the usage of our services to third-parties necessary for running the business. We will ensure that the third parties abide by the enforced privacy laws of the geography (such as the GDPR in the European Economic area).
What are your rights?
You have several rights regarding the use of your data and it is your choice of what data you provide to us and how you want us to use your data. Having said that, we need certain specific types of information to enable you on the website and if you choose not to provide this information, we will be unable to render you our services.
You may choose to provide, update, restrict and/or delete your data and account on this website. Many such actions are already automated in the academy. For example, if you have the necessary permissions, you can delete and update your live classes, your courses and course files directly from the academy. Other actions that you want to take on your data will be executed by your point of contact in the academy (or the academy support).
You may also choose to retrieve your personal data from the website. Most of the data is present in this site such as the recorded videos and contact information. In specific cases, you may reach out to your point of contact on the website.
With the specifics of your need, you have to submit your request with your point of contact in the academy (or academy support). We will be able to serve your request in a reasonable amount of time. Please send your request using an email account that you have registered with this website under your name.
What is our policy on children?
We discourage children(below 16 years of age in European Economic Area, below 13 years elsewhere) to submit their data without parental consent.
In case we detect personal data submission from children, we will inform (via email or phone) the user to get permission from their parents or legal guardians. If we do not receive a confirmation on the action required from their parents or legal guardians within 15 days, we will delete the user personal data.
Parents or legal guardians who believe that we may have collected personal data from their child under those ages can submit a request to their point of contact in the academy (or the academy support) to approve or remove their child’s personal data.
Where do we store your data?
To help with the business operations, most of your personal data that you provide to us is stored in the storage servers located in the United States of America.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal data when required by law. We will disclose such information wherein we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on our company or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.